Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

We took the kids to one of the local pumpkin patches this past weekend. We (okay I) thought it would be okay to take them during Meredith’s naptime. I’m not exactly sure what I was thinking. I think traveling last week for work to Wisconsin must have affected my cognitive thinking skills. Everything was okay until the end of the visit when we let the kids ride on the ponies. Meredith developed a rather quick attachment to her pony and starting screaming “MINE, MINE, MINE” when Josh took her off after her ride. We are talking Crocodile tears and screaming like a Monkey! At first everyone thought she was scared of the pony so they thought it was sweet, sad, cute, or whatever you want to call it. But when Josh told them it was because she didn’t want to “get off” the pony the expressions on their faces quickly changed from concerned to shocked. I could just hear the thoughts running through their little heads “What a spoiled child. I would never let my child act like that.” I know, I said the same thing before I had kids. Then reality hit that she is 18 months old. You cannot reason with an 18 month old! So, being the awesome parents we are, what did we do? Let her ride again of course, hoping that it would calm her down. Major FAIL! The second tantrum was even worse than the first. At that point we decided it was time to leave the pumpkin patch so that we didn’t ruin everyone else’s fun time. As we were walking out I asked Josh, “So, I guess now’s a bad time to ask if I can get one photo of Jonah and Meredith together with the pumpkins before we leave?” Looking at the pictures below I’m assuming you can guess his response.

Pumpkin Patch 2010

Jonah on the other hand had a great time. He ran into his friend Mathew and they had a blast on the slide and in the petting zoo. He loved the hay maze and riding on the pony. He did not develop the same attachment to his pony as Meredith did to hers.

1 comment:

Katie said...

OH my gosh, they are so cute! I can't believe how big they are getting! And you're right, you can't reason with an 18 month old! Good luck ;)

Website Content and Copy: The Schneider Family, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.