Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Manic Monday

I hate goodbyes but I was glad to say goodbye to Monday! It started out bad and just continued to get worse as the day progressed. Jonah woke up with an upset stomach (aka major blowouts) and a horrible rash all over his bottom (He's going to be so excited to know that I shared this information with everyone when he is older!) This rash was much worse than your normal run of the mill diaper rash so I decided we needed to make an appointment with the pediatrician to have it checked out. We went to the doctor and found out that he has a viral infection which was causing the upset stomach which in turn was causing the rash. So, Dr. Alvis prescribed him an ointment for the rash and lactinex supplements to help him keep the good bacteria he needed in his system to fight off the infection. The doctor's office visit was no sweat but trying to pick up his prescriptions was a nightmare! We spent 20 minutes at the doctor's office and 4 hours trying to get his prescriptions. Right now I am not on good terms with Walgreen's. Don't these people know how hard it is to get a baby in and out of the car for numerous trips to the pharmacy? Especially a sick baby?? Apparently not! We were finally able to get home and I put Jonah down for his nap which lasted a mere 20 minutes. Nap time is a precious commodity and when they miss it, it's not only bad for the baby but it's bad for mommy too!

So, after Jonah woke up from his short term nap, he had his usual snack and juice. Then he was playing with his push lawnmower and somehow tripped and fell on the handle of the lawnmower and cut his left earlobe! It was bleeding and turned a pretty shade of purple. I tried applying ice but Jonah freaked out and after watching enough UFC fight matches with Josh, I knew that when you cut your earlobe the cartilage grows back in weird formations causing the "cauliflower effect" so I loaded Jonah up and we headed to the Acute Care Clinic. Luckily he only scraped his ear but the doctor said we had to watch for swelling and if it did start to swell we had to go straight to the ER so they could drain it. They cleaned him up and sent us back home with Neosporin and an ice pack.

I continued to watch his ear until he went to bed and I didn't see any swelling so I think it's going to heal just fine! Jonah made out pretty well and didn't seem too phased by the days events! He scored a toy truck after the first doctor visit and McDonald's after the second doctor visit! But right before his bath things started to calm down and Jonah had fun playing on our bed in our mound of pillows! But I was careful to not let him get close to the edge! That's all we needed was a trip to the ER for a broken bone!

After Jonah fell asleep I plopped onto the couch with a PB&J and immersed myself into MTV reality TV including the Hills and the Life of Ryan. Watching someone else struggle with daily life always makes me feel better! Even though I don't think Lauren's struggles with dating or not dating Jason and Ryan's struggles with hanging out with friends or his little brother Kane are not even on the same level as my daily struggles but Oh Well! :)

Jonah managing to have a little fun before bedtime! We both needed it!


Kim said...

Oh my gosh! I feel for you! What a day. I laughed out loud that your referenced Ultimate Fighting Champion....hilarious. Glad to see Jonah is just fine. His hair still looks cute - don't lose the curls!

Sarah said...

Man, you did have quite the day! Hope your week has gotten better and hope Jonah is feeling all better! BTW, his haircut looks so cute! So glad you kept those sweet curls!

Amy said...

Oh Mondays!!
He is such a cutie Monda!
Yeah maybe you can send that pic to Kate Hudson, enough with Ryder's hair already! He is a boy right?

Website Content and Copy: The Schneider Family, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.