Friday, March 13, 2009

March Madness

I don't think the title of this post could be any more fitting for us right now! March is always a crazy month for our family because we celebrate Jonah's birthday and our anniversary but with the addition of the pregnancy, the bedrest and trying to get everything ready for the arrival of our little one it's been quite chaotic around here!

Being a project manager I'm used to working under stressful conditions and working against timelines and budgets and that's pretty much what you have to do when you are planning for the arrival of a baby. Except this time I haven't been able to be as hands on as I would like. Most of my shopping has been done online and I'm having to depend on others to get everything ready in the nursery! It's hard to "nest" when you are spending most of your time on the couch but if you ask Josh, I'm finding creative ways around that little hurdle :)

I make lists. I live by lists and have since I was a little girl. My planner is full of lists. Josh laughs at my lists but it's what keeps me from losing my mind in a sea of things to do, places to go, things to buy, house projects, our goals, etc. The list of lists goes on and on. Losing my lists would be as tragic as Paris Hilton losing her Blackberry!

So my point is I have a Baby list with everything that we need or still need to do before the baby arrives. I review this list daily and go over the things with Josh that require his approval, opinion or assistance. Most of them just require assistance from his checkcard.

I can't believe we are in the final phase of this "project". I just have a few more things to check off my list before she makes her arrival in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: The Schneider Family, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.