Monday, May 12, 2008

One Lucky Mama

Thank you to my very sweet husband and my precious little boy for helping me have a fabulous Mother's Day! I slept in late which was wonderful and then I got up and took a very long time to get dressed with no interruptions - something I don't get to do often! Afterwards, Josh and Jonah cooked me breakfast which was very yummy! Then, we all headed to the mall and did a little shopping and picked up one of my Mother's Day gifts. After shopping we went out to dinner. Then to finish off the day we came home and went on a long walk with Riley! It was a great day! No horrible temper tantrums from Jonah and I don't think I had to raise my voice with him all day at the mall or least if I did I chose to block it out!

I'm still only 2 years into life as a Mommy and while it is as wonderful and life changing as everyone said it would be it is also hard work! We all strive to be the perfect mom and there are days were you feel defeated and days you feel like you've won the grand prize! You really have to learn to change yourself to adjust being completely responsible for someone else. You constantly question every action you take with your little one and when you go to sleep each night you pray that you have made the right decisions to help them grow into happy loving adults! I notice I cry a lot more since becoming a mom - tears of joy, tears of frustration, tears of happiness and even tears of sheer exhaustion. But in the end you know it's all worth it when your little one comes up to you on Mother's Day and grabs your cheeks with those chubby little hands and says "Mommy, I love you!" That's when you know you are one lucky mama and that maybe you're doing something right!

I hope my Mom realizes how lucky I am to have her in my life! She is a wonderful woman and I hope she had a fabulous day! And to Josh's Mom and to Jonah's Nana, Grandma, Mimi, and Oma we hope that they also had a wondeful day! We are so lucky to have them in our lives! They enrich our family with their kindness, thoughtfulness and generosity! We love you all!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sweet post Monda! Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day!

OHmommy said...

Awwwww... Happy Mother's Day!

Website Content and Copy: The Schneider Family, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.