Friday, December 05, 2008

Half way there...

I have finally reached the half way point of my pregnancy. As of this week I am 5 months and I can't believe how fast it's flying by! I was also pregnant with Jonah during this time of the year and I think it's the holidays that make it seem to fly by so fast.

The baby is doing great! She's very active and likes practicing her Karate moves quite often! She should be a black belt by the time she is born! Unfortunately I'm still on Mandatory Bedrest even though I'll be honest - I'm not the best patient. I'm going a little crazy! Bedrest is a lot harder than it sounds. I envisioned laying in bed, catching up on my TV shows on the DVR and shopping online. Yea Right! The reality is I'm still working because I work from home, I have a 2.5 year old (who did I mention started potty training right before I was put on bedrest), a dog and a husband that works in Dallas and spends more than two hours a day in rush hour traffic. Not to mention it's the busiest time of the year with the holidays! I'm resting as much as I can because well, I have to but it's very challenging. I go back next week for another sonogram and if my condition hasn't changed I think I'm going to go on leave at work so that I can focus on resting because I'm suppose to be laying flat on my back and only getting up to go to the bathroom, take a shower and fix lunch. Laying on your back is nearly impossible when you are typing on a laptop, checking your Blackberry every five minutes and attending conference calls all day.

I don't know what I would do without Josh right now. He has been wonderful! He's been taking care of Jonah, going to the grocery store, taking care of the house, running errands and he's even done some of my Christmas shopping for me! I'm very lucky to have him! Jonah has also been very sweet and every time he asks me to pick him up I have to say "Mommy can't pick you up right now her tummy is hurting" he gives my belly a little kiss and says "I'll make it all better!" So sweet!

So here is a picture of Mom and baby! I'm not brave enough to post an exposed picture of my expanding belly!


3 comments:

Missy said...

congrats on 1/2 way there. You look great! I hope you get good news from the dr. next week.

The DLG's said...

You look fantastic! I hope we get to see a belly pic soon!

hoLLy said...

hang in there! you look GREAT btw!

Website Content and Copy: The Schneider Family, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.