Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 7 in Room 366

Hi, I'm Monda Schneider and my date of birth is 12/20. Do you know how many times a day I have to state that information?? Everytime I call the dining room, have my food delivered, request a Tylenol, or have my vitals taken which adds up to well over 150 times since I've been in the hospital.

I went for my weekly sonogram today down the hall with my high risk perinatologist. I asked the nurse to push the wheelchair really slow so I could savor the few minutes that I was able to leave my room and she was nice enough to accomodate. The baby is doing great. She is one week ahead of schedule and weighs 2.1 pounds. I still have placenta previa and unfortunately my placenta is being stubborn and hasn't moved up at all since my last sonogram so any hope I had of going home is not going to happen.

I'm getting to know the nurses really well and they must like me because they told me last night that they order out for dinner almost every night so if I wanted take out to just let them know and they would order for me. I will definitely be taking advantage of their offer. I also heard from one of the nurses that I'm the only patient they have right now that isn't addicted to any pills but give me another week and I will probably be screaming over the intercom for my nightly Ambien!

I haven't met any of my neighbors (since I can't leave my room) but I know one is having twins and another is having triplets! I'm worried and stressed out enough about my one. I can't imagine having to worry about two or three.

Jonah has been to see me several times and each time it makes me miss being home with him that much more. Everytime he comes it sounds like his vocabulary has expanded and it looks like he's grown a little taller! Not seeing him everyday makes me realize even more how fast he's really growing up.

Josh and I had a "date night" last night. He picked up Italian food from Maggiano's and brought it to the hospital and we watched the Golden Globes. He even brought me new pajamas that he picked out and some new books including the next book in the Twilight series. I am a very lucky girl to have such a sweet husband!

Here are some pictures of my room and a self portrait of myself taken on my webcam because well, I'm really bored. The webcam has come in very handy the nights Josh can't bring Jonah to the hospital. The other night he tried to put a bandaid on my arm through the webcam and then kissed the camera when he told me good night! It was very cute!

My essentials at my bedside- a glass of ice water, Blackberry, Caffeine Free Diet Coke, lipgloss, breathmints, a stack of magazines, Twilight books, my checkcard (for all my online shopping) my planner and of course the hopsital phone which is essestial for ordering my breakfast, lunch and dinner!


My self portrait on the webcam. Like I said, I'm bored.


My vanity where I take advantage of being able to dry my hair and brush my teeth so that I can stand up for 10 or 15 minutes without getting in trouble.


My couch and the windows which provide me a lovely view of a roof! The couch really isn't that uncomfortable. It's much better than what Josh had to sleep on when I had Jonah at Presby Allen. All they gave him was a mat and a blanket to put on the floor and he actually slept on it for three nights even though our comfy bed was just five miles down the road.


My flatscreen TV and the clock that is right in front of my bed so that I can watch the minutes slowly pass by every day.

8 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so sorry you have to be there!! At least it sounds like you're being well taken care of!! hang in there!!

The Schneider Family said...

Hang in there. We will be up shortly to visit and let Jonah and Kayla play. We miss you all.

Courtney said...

I wish I lived closer I would come hang with you. Hang in there!!!

Cody Jo said...

You look great.... Wish I was headed to the corp office soon, so I could come see you!!! Love that the nurses are willing to take care of you(outside food)... Take Care of yourself... I know must be hard, but remember your doing it for that little Merideth!!!

lauren_kitts said...

you so have to tell the elephant (sp? ha ha ) story!!! See you in a few days you can start prank calling for fun soon***

Amy said...

Sorry you are stuck there girl! I would trade places with you if I could, I'm not at all opposed to having some time away from my family ;-)
Hang in there!

The DLG's said...

We are thinking of you!

Shannon Slade said...

Oh, girl, you are truly bored.

Website Content and Copy: The Schneider Family, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.