Friday, February 27, 2009

Making Memories

Last night Jonah found his Dragon costume and insisted on wearing it and chasing Josh around the house. After a good thirty minutes of running around in circles through the living room, the dining room and the kitchen Josh asked Jonah if he wanted to watch one of his favorite dragon movies when he was a little boy (to give Josh a little break!) Of course Jonah said yes so Josh popped in Jack the Giant Killer.

Jonah was so excited about the dragon, the two-headed monster and the green sea monster that he asked Josh to put the movie on his iTouch and this morning the first thing he asked me when he woke up was "Did Daddy add my movie to my phone?" (he thinks his iTouch is an iPhone like Daddy's!) When I told him yes, he ran up to Josh and gave him the biggest hug and said "Thank you Daddy for putting the movie on my phone!"

Watching the two of them last night on the couch watching the movie together made my heart happy! I think it brought back some great childhood memories for Josh remembering when he watched the same movie with his brother and dad and I think he realized he was creating those same lasting memories with his own son.



6 comments:

Katie said...

That is so sweet, making memories are totally what it's all about!

OHmommy said...

I agree... that is what it's all about.

The DLG's said...

Monda, those pics prove you are becoming a master with your camera! They are beautiful!

Dana said...

Monda, I don't know if you remember me(Dana Anderson from Teague)- Ed and I are good friends. He sent me your link ages ago so that I could see his grandbaby, and I've been following your blog. I love seeing the pictures of Jonah! He's adorable! I'm excited about Ed's new grandbaby that's on the way, too, and I wish you all the best! I'm sure Meredith will be just as beautiful as Jonah.

Courtney said...

he is soooo stinkin cute! and you are getting so good with the camera, those look great!

Dennis and Leslie said...

He is adorable! I like to watch tv in my dragon costume too ;)

Website Content and Copy: The Schneider Family, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.