Sunday, June 21, 2009

To My Husband on Father's Day

** I'm posting this letter a little late because I forgot to hit "publish post" on Sunday I wanted the wording to be perfect.

To My Husband on Father's Day

When we started dating and I fell in love with you many years ago, I knew I wanted you to someday be the father of my children. I saw in your heart that you were compassionate, caring and nurturing, all the qualities that to me make a wonderful father. I watched the way my nieces adored you and how other children would flock to you like bees to honey when you were around. I heard the stories about you helping to take care of the children in your Mom's daycare when you were younger. I watched you make a difference in several teenager's lives while working at Gary and volunteering as a "Big Brother" in college to underprivledged children. I've seen how you protect and care for your own younger brother and how much he looks up to you today. I watched the way you played with and cared for Riley as a puppy and now when you are home, he never leaves your side. I knew you would be a wonderful father.

Then, we had Jonah and the strong bond between father and son was born. That bond grew even stronger this year when I had to go on bedrest in the hospital. I see the way he looks at you and how he always wants to be with you. He loves you unconditionally and when I watch the two of you together playing outside or even cuddling on the couch it warms my heart. You are instilling in him the same fatherly and loving characteristics that you possess. That is evident in the way he is today with his baby sister and how he will be with his own children someday.

On the day Meredith was born I watched you hold your daughter for the first time and I watched in silence as another bond began to evolve. A bond that will grow stronger everyday as she gets older. She is happiest when she is in your arms. I know one day she will want to marry and have children with someone "just like her father".

You amaze me everyday with your ability to work so hard and then come home and work even harder to take care of our family. I am proud that you are my husband and even more proud that you are the father of my children. Thank you for all that you do for us!

I love you more than you will ever know.
-Monda

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: The Schneider Family, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.