Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Sign of Things to Come??? Oh Gawd...I Hope Not!

It's 11:58pm and I'm laying in our bed typing a post while there are dishes from tonight's dinner still sitting in the kitchen sink, there are three laundry baskets full of freshly washed clothes sitting on the couch in my bedroom that need to be put away and there are still two half eaten oreos sitting on my coffee table in the family room because Jonah only likes the white middle. The list goes on and on of things I need to be tending to before I go to bed but I would rather work on my blog because I have two kids now and frankly I'm too lazy it's much more therapeutic than washing dishes.

So, Jonah has developed a little habit lately of making his body his personal art canvas. Neither I nor Josh have a tattoo. I'm not sure if it's just his age or if it's a sign of things to come! I was telling my mother about it on the phone the other day and asking her if I did the same thing as a child. She immediately replied "No" but I'm starting to think my mother has developed a selective memory and has decided to repress anything that I did wrong as a child. She said I never colored on the walls or my body with markers to which I quickly replied "Oh, really?? Maybe you should go open my closet doors and check the walls!"

July 2009


August 2009


and again in September 2009.
YES, that is my address stamp and NO, it does not wash off! His legs were not the only thing he stamped. He also stamped his hands, his stomach and his arms. Two days later I was still trying to scrub off the ink in the bathtub. I guess the only positive outcome is that if he gets lost at least they will know where to return him!


What if his self inflicted tattoos above turn into an obsession like this below when he's older?



By the way..I had a hard time finding an appropriate tattoo picture online that I felt comfortable showing on my blog. All I can say is, there are some "very creative" people in this world! I'm going to try and get those images out of my head now and go to bed!

2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

LOL...too funny! Try fingernail polish remover...only on the legs and such. I don't want you to get in trouble now.

Oh, and good luck with that! Ha Ha!

The Clark Family said...

LOL...too funny! Try fingernail polish remover...only on the legs and such. I don't want you to get in trouble now.

Oh, and good luck with that! Ha Ha!

Website Content and Copy: The Schneider Family, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.