Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New Year's - Goodbye 2006 Hello 2007

New Year's was actually pretty uneventful at our house this year! Vicky came over we all went out for Italian. The food was really good. Jonah ripped the white paper table cloth off the table and knocked over a glass of water but other than that he did really well at the restaurant. I feel bad for the waiter that had to clean up all the Gerber Puffs off the floor but he really wasn't that great of a waiter so I don't feel that bad! ;) We came back home and Jerod and Lauren came over and Vicky made us Grapetinis! They were wonderful! We put on our PJ's and watched Talladega Nights which was hillarious! At Midnight we all watched the ball drop, had a champagne toast and called it a night! Nothing too crazy but it was the perfect ending to what had been an extremely busy year!
Jonah and Vicky hanging out in his Tent with his turtle. These were his Christmas gifts from his Aunt Vicky and he loves them!
Jerod and Lauren
Jonah didn't quite make it to Midnight! I think he was asleep by 9pm! Ha!

Josh and I had so much to be thankful for in 2006! We had a beautiful son, and even with a new baby and all the changes that come along with a new baby Josh and I managed to find a balance and actually had a lot of fun as new parents! I'm lucky to have such a wonderful husband and Jonah is lucky to have such a wonderful father! We welcomed a new niece (Kayla) to our family and we've had several friends that were also blessed with new additions this year. It will be so much fun for Jonah to have all of these friends when he is older - especially all the girls! ;) I was able to find a new job after Jonah was born as a Project Manager where I could work from home and not travel. I loved my job at Perot but the travel was no longer an option for me. My company SoftMed recently merged with 3M Healthcare Systems and I'm looking forward to the new opportunities that will bring in 2007. Josh is still with Daisy and his team is constantly growing and in case you haven't heard they have a new product - Cottage Cheese! Have you had your dollop of Daisy today?? ;)

We started attending the Stonebridge United Methodist Church and are looking forward to meeting new families and making new friends. Josh and I were able to go visit a lot of our friends this year that live in Houston and Austin which was a lot of fun. I'm also very thankful for my best friend Vicky! She has been extremely supportive and alwys there when I needed her. I'm so lucky and blessed to have her in my life.

Even though we've had some scares both our families are healthy and doing well. We have also been able to spend more time with our families this last year which I think is so important especially for Jonah. I'm glad that he has been able to spend time with all of his grandparents and even his great grandmother. Riley is still doing great. He hasn't eaten any electrical cords or had to have any emergency surgeries this year and that's always a blessing! I think he's learned to just stick with the Ceasar dogfood! LOL.

We are looking forward to a wonderful 2007! I don't foresee our busy schedules slowing down any in 2007. Our calendar is already getting full and it's just the second week in January! But that's how we like it - busy and out there living life to the fullest! We hope that all of our family and friends have a wonderful year as well and we look forward to getting to spend some time with everyone!

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: The Schneider Family, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.