Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My beef with Blogger

Okay, I'm not very happy with Blogger right now. When I started trying to upload my photos from the holidays a couple of days ago I received an error that I was over my limit on the number of photos that I could upload from Picassa Web (which is where your photos on blogger get stored) After logging into Picassa to find out what the limit on the photos were I was at 97% capacity so I thought maybe I would just delete some of my older photos to make room for the new ones. Well, I found out that if you do that then you lose those photos on your blog! I don't want to lose those photos! I put a lot time and effort into this blog and want to keep it for Jonah to look at when he's older! Blogger's solution - purchase more storage space. I knew there had to be a catch! So, now I'm trying to figure out if I want to spend $20+ a year for more storage space. That's really nothing and I'm sure I'll end up forking it over because I like being able to add 1 photo at a time if I want to for a blog entry. But in the meantime you'll be seeing lots of slide shows using other services like One True Media or Smilebox :)

1 comment:

Sassy said...

Wow, I had no idea that you could reach your capacity on Picasa. I use and love that program.
Thank you for the info.

(Sarah's friend)
mysassypants.blogspot.com

Website Content and Copy: The Schneider Family, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.